Customer Support Help Center: COVID-19
V247 Power is closely monitoring the evolving situation around COVID-19 and is taking measures to ensure the health and safety of our employees and customers, as well as the community that we are honored to serve. We understand that some of our customers are concerned. As your trusted energy provider, we would like to provide you with options if you are having economic difficulty during this unprecedented time.
3 types of assistance are available to you:
- State of Texas COVID-19 Electricity Relief Program
- Payment Flexibility
- Payment Assistance
State of Texas COVID-19 Electricity Relief Program
The Public Utility Commission of Texas (PUCT) adopted an order in Project No. 50644, Issues Related to the State of Disaster for Coronavirus. The order establishes the COVID-19 Electricity Relief Program (ERP), which creates an assistance program for eligible residential customers of retail electric service in competitive areas of Texas who are financially impacted by COVID-19.
The COVID-19 ERP is established as a customer assistance program for residential customers who experience financial and/or employment hardships as a result of COVID-19. Customers who qualify for the COVID-19 ERP will not be subject to disconnection for non-pay as a result. Here are the steps to help you with the application process:
- Retail Electric Provider (REP) must offer customers who express financial and/or employment hardship with Deferred Payment Plans (DPP) or payment arrangement option. If you are a current customer with V247 Power, we serve as your REP.
- Customer must agree to a Deferred Payment Plan (DPP) with a REP before contacting Solix* (Self-Enrollment Process for COVID-19 Electricity Relief Program).
- Customer must self-enroll with Solix after contacting V247 Power to qualify for COVID-19 ERP. The Solix toll-free number is 1-866-454-8367 or visit their website
- Solix will coordinate information exchange of customer eligibility with V247 Power.
- V247 Power will cease submitting disconnection for non-pay orders for eligible residential customers enrolled in COVID-19 ERP.
- For eligible customers, you will not be billed TDU Delivery Charges by V247 Power, except securitization-related charges.
If you have recently filed for unemployment, please contact the program administrator to apply using one of these options:
• Internet: www.txcovid19erp.org
• Call: 1-866-454-8387 and select option 4 on the IVR;
• Mail: P.O. Box 4060, Killeen, Texas 76540-4060;
• Email: TX_COVID-19ELECTRICITY_RELIEF@SOLIXINC.COM
• Fax: 1-877-215-8018
At V247 Power, customers may also qualify for a Deferred Payment Plan (DPP) or a Payment Arrangement (PA). When applying for a DPP, you can pay your balance owed in monthly installments along with your regular monthly bill. The only caveat to the DPP is that you must pay a minimum of 25% of the total amount due. If you have received a disconnection notice before enrollment in the COVID-19 ERP, you will still be responsible for any fees for electricity, TDU delivery charges, and taxes. You must set-up a DPP before the disconnection notice due date. Contact us at 1-855-888-9888 or 713-341-0513 to learn more about DPP or other payment assistance that V247 Power is able to provide.
Payment Relief Program
To find out more about bill payment assistant, dial 2-1-1 or visit 211texas.org and search Electricity Bill Assistance to find programs in your area.
For more information about Public Utility Commission of Texas’s response to COVID-19, click here
News and Resource Links